Gone boxing


I have a white belt on my work's desk.
It's not because I am a super humble man and has nothing to do with keeping a "beginners mind".

It just kind of reminds me that I still can learn many things. Many.

I just happened to learn a few things last night, when I invited a fellow boxer to a round on the ring.


The reason we were wearing head gear is because I forgot my mouthpiece at home, so he kindly suggested that we used those.
Thank you very much to the gentleman who invented them!

My pal hit me really hard on the head many times but there was no harm. So many head shots that left no damage (I think).


He still beat me, of course, because he is a more experienced boxer than I am. And he works out insanely every day. Kudos to him!

I managed to hit him quite a few times too, but mainly with yori ashi + kizami tsuki (lunging jab, I guess). He seemed to never see it coming.

That one round went on till four, what was painful, scary and brutal, but we managed to end unscathed and having learnt something new about fighting, and that is what all this is about.

If you wanna watch for a few second, here is a short video. You can see him outclassing me.
Good news is that he wants to fight under MMA rules next time. Cool guy!




I actually am happy that I stayed on the ring all four rounds, taking damage but also attacking and hitting him. I felt proud.







@practicalkarateagain in Facebook














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rainbow of choices

Saifa bunkai

My Karate style