Coaching no-gi BJJ

Here, guys, you can see me demonstrating some moves that you should know. Not what I would call self-defense but if you are in a combat sports environment you could actually use these in sparring/rolling.



Well, I lied: I was just posing for my coach's video hehe. 
Why me? Easy choice: only two guys showed up that day... and because I have a gift for spinning around. I knew all those Ura Pinan in Kyokushin could not be for nothing!

Why not for self-defense?
First one: what are you gonna do when (if) you can get the Kimura right? Break the arm? Make him tap?
Second one: if the guy is on the ground you will be crazy if you follow him down. 

This is suspicious...





@practicalkarateagain in Facebook




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A rainbow of choices

Saifa bunkai